To identify external storage( iscsi disk /FC SAN based disk)
Jay
2009-05-11 14:04:01 UTC
I want to find out if the storage attached to a windows machine is a local
storage or is external ( like a iscsi disk or FC SAN based).. Is there any
WMI class that will give me this information ?

The WMI class Win32_DiskDrive returns the instance for FC SAN disk, but the
property MediaType is "Fixed Hard Disk". So i dont think it has the
intelligence to differentiate between the local disk and external storage. It
sees the FC SAN disk as a local disk only.

Please let me know if there is any way to find out this.

Thanks..
spider