List Capacity of Mount Points
Thorsten moeller
2007-11-16 11:32:01 UTC

we have a big W2K3 Server which has SAN Luns directly attached to a disk
volume like the mount points in Unix/Linux.

Like:
e:\
e:\mnt1
e:\mnt2

I don't know how they made it, but my problem is that using wmi to get the
whole file system capacity, it only shows the capacity of e:\ and not of the
mount points.

Is there a way with wmi or do i have to use other ways (examples are
welcome) to achieve this???

Hope there is anybody to help as i have no idea where to search any more.

Cheers

Thorsten
Thorsten moeller
2007-11-20 14:59:00 UTC

found it out by myself. So, just to get documented here:

the way is to use win32_volume class, which shows all you need.

With WMIC you have the command "volume list" at hand which shows you all the
information.

Cheers

Thorsten
Hi,