WMI Access
Shay Levi
2007-08-27 08:00:39 UTC
Hi

I have several web servers (some are Windows web edition) each is in workgroup
model.
All servers are in the same subnet, and the Administrator password is the
same on all servers .

When I run WMI queries (on the IIsApplicationPool class) from a central point
(one of the servers on the LAN) to each
server I get "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"

I checked the WMI Control properties on the servers and the <Machine\Administrators>
group have
full perrmisions.

How can I run queries on the servers?

Shay
http://scriptolog.blogspot.com
Jonathan Liu [MSFT]
2007-10-01 22:14:41 UTC
Please read this article and see if it sovles your problems:

"Connecting to WMI on a Remote Computer"
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa389290.aspx