wmi error
Jason
2007-03-15 17:51:08 UTC
I am trying to create a WMI query and it's not working. I know very little
about creating querys so any help would be great.
I'm trying to create a query to monitor the Blackberry Redirector process.
Here is how I have it setup.

Namespace: root\CIMV2
Query: SELECT * FROM __InstanceDeletionEvent
WITHIN 30
WHERE TargetInstance ISA ‘win32_process’
AND TargetInstance.Name = ‘redirector.exe’

Here is the error I'm getting in Event Viewer

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM_InstanceDeletionEvent
WITHIN 30
WHERE TargetInstance ISA 'win32_process'
AND TargetInstance.Name = 'redirector.exe'" could not be (re)activated in
namespace "//./root/CIMV2" becuase of error 0x80041002. Events may not be
delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.
Jason
Jonathan Liu [MSFT]
2007-06-08 22:06:22 UTC
Try putting dobule-quotes (") around Win32_PROCESS.

You can also verify your query in wbemtest.exe

1. Open wbemtest.exe
2. Click the Connect button
3. root\cimv2 should be the namespace, then click Connect
4. Click on the Asychonous radio button
4. Click on the Notification Query button and put this in: SELECT * FROM
__InstanceDeletionEvent WITHIN 30 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "win32_process"
AND TargetInstance.Name = ‘redirector.exe’
5. Click Apply, Query Result window will open waiting for the deletion
event
6. Cause the "redirector.exe" to stop