How to assign everyone group to shared folder?
maxixi
2006-09-09 18:40:01 UTC

I create a net shared folder. It seem's i must
assign new user priviledge(Shared Folder) and
change DACL(Local Folder) to the folder.

I used VS2005/Win2003 and the function of System.Management is limited.
According to http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;ja;818362
instruct, i installed PSDK with Active DS Type Library.
But where is the ADsSecurity 2.5 Type Library, i can not find it?

I know little about WMI.
How to get SID from user/group account name with WMI?

Someone can help me? Thanks

Maxixi
Joe Kaplan
2006-09-11 14:29:55 UTC
If you are using .NET 2.0, why use WMI or ADSI for this? Why not use the
new DirectorySecurity class instead?

Joe K.
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
Hi,
Maxixi
maxixi
2006-09-12 07:40:58 UTC
Thanks.

I will study the System.Security!!!
Post by Joe Kaplan
If you are using .NET 2.0, why use WMI or ADSI for this? Why not use the
new DirectorySecurity class instead?
Joe K.
Co-author of "The .NET Developer's Guide to Directory Services
Programming"
http://www.directoryprogramming.net
--
Hi,