local queries as a different user?
Lee Crabtree
2007-01-03 17:45:27 UTC
Is there a workaround for the "User credentials cannot be used for local
connections" error that I'm getting? I'm not running a script, the
query I need to run backs up the event log so that I can email a copy to
the support department. Unfortunately, the users created a new account
that, apparently, doesn't have access.

Thanks,
Lee Crabtree
Jonathan Liu [MSFT]
2007-01-04 23:48:45 UTC
That is not supported in WMI. You can see if teh RUNAS command workss for
you.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/resources/qanda/apr06/hey0428.mspx